Join The Most Active Chamber In The Region
THE VOICE OF THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
As a Chamber, we are working very closely with all local and central government agencies to provide you with as much useful and practical support and information as possible.
Your Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce is part of the Business Response Team established locally and nationally in response to COVID-19. Our role is to ensure your voice and needs are being met as we work together through the impacts of COVID-19.
Wellington is at COVID-19 Protection Framework Traffic Light Setting: ORANGE
Last updated: 21/06/22 at 12:00PM
- OMICRON IN THE COMMUNITY – How to protect your workplace, workers and community
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TOOL – See what financial help you can get for your business
- COVID-19 LEAVE SUPPORT SCHEME – For businesses with staff requiring self-isolation
- SHORT-TERM ABSENCE PAYMENT – For businesses with staff awaiting test results
- HOUSEHOLD VS CLOSE CONTACT – Household and close contacts explained
- HUTT VALLEY COVID-19 TESTING CENTRES – Testing centres by suburb
Click here to watch our CEO sit down with Immigration Specialist June Ranson, CEO, Woburn International, Licensed Immigration Advisor and Chairman of New Zealand Association for Migration and Investment. They will cover the following information:
- Current timelines for visa holders entering, re-entering New Zealand
- How you can help an employee that has a visa that is due to expire.
- Employer Accreditation Scheme, how this works, what it costs and how it impacts current employees on visas.
Additional Business Support & Updates
Last updated: 25/02/22 at 2:30PM
- REMUTAKA HILL NIGHT CLOSURES – From September 2021, for 10 months
- ACCREDITATION AND WORK VISA – The Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) is a temporary work visa being introduced on 4 July 2022 to hire migrants
- FLEXI-WAGE SUBSIDY – For employers hiring people meeting certain criteria ($276 /week per employee is available)
- APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING – Including Apprenticeship Boost, Mana in Mahi and Group Training Schemes
- SMALL BUSINESS CASHFLOW SCHEME – Extended to 31 December 2023
- SBCS ELIGIBILITY TOOL – Small Business Cashflow Eligibility Tool
- SICK LEAVE ENTITLEMENTS – Entitlements, requirements and ACC payments
- SELF EMPLOYMENT START-UP PAYMENT – Help with essential start-up costs
- DISCOUNTED TAX RATES – When it’s your first year in business
- R&D FUNDING SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS – Claim a 15% tax credit on eligible R&D costs
- MATARIKI PUBLIC HOLIDAY – First public holiday that recognises Te Ao Māori beginning on 24 June 2022
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL – Information about travelling to, leaving and transiting through New Zealand.
- TRAVELLING TO NEW ZEALAND – COVID-19 Updates updates for travel to New Zealand for everyone including employers
- MANAGED ISOLATION AVAILABILITY
- Everything you need to know about MIQ
- REGIONAL TRAVEL at the different alert levels
- TRAVEL ALERTS for New Zealanders
We are regularly talking with our partners and scheduling livestream broadcasts to help business navigate their way through the implications of the different alert levels.
As we conduct these updates, we’ll add them to our website. Take a look at past livestream broadcasts here.
Get the Hutt Valley Business Weekly from the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce
Keep up to date with all the latest Hutt Valley Business News and Covid 19 Business Updates and Subscribe Today
We encourage you to visit this site regularly and join the Facebook group. Share tips, collaborate, connect, stay up to date and get assistance.
The Current NZ Situation
Official Government Sources of Information for Business
The Hutt Valley Chamber Of Commerce are working on bringing you a full programme of in person and virtual events and training opportunities. Keep an eye on our Hutt Valley Business Weekly for any future events. Click here to Subscribe
We always appreciate hearing from our Chamber members
“Congratulations to you and your Team for the enhancement of the web site to respond to the extraordinary times confronting home and business. Indeed more than that. To our communities. I was just a child when the great depression arrived. Too young then to know how it would affect and did affect my family. Some of our members today may never recover.
As a member from the Grand Stand, so to speak, I hope the voice of the Chamber will now be to urge Government to allow business to get on with the job. Life is a risk that has to be taken some times. A fact is those at the top of the decision tree all have jobs. Seriously well paid by the Tax Payers. It is now time for the risk takers in business to be allowed to do what they do best. To get back to work to generate wealth for the economy.
Best wishes. Stay Healthy and Safe.