Introductory Workshop: Māori Engagement Capability
No events to show
Hutt Valley Chamber Member, Kāpuhipuhi Wellington Uni-Professional, is the Wellington region’s premier provider of contemporary skills and capability training.
Join us at this introductory workshop, our Poutaki Māori, Marie Cocker, will introduce you to basic Māori pronunciation in a fun, interactive way with a focus on local place names and their meanings. We will discuss the importance of a mihi (greetings), how you might be able to build Maori cultural capability within your business/Organisation, and why this might be important to you.
In addition, you will learn some quick-fire facts around engagement with Māori, the Māori economy and the current Crown strategies that are supporting the use of te reo Māori for the future.
The Māori economy is growing much faster than the overall economy – 60% over the past five years to be worth $70b. The three F’s are expanding from fishing, farming and forestry to food, film, and fashion.
In our region:
- There’s a strong presence of Māori in business in film, technology and business services.
- Māori owned entities play a key role in commercial property, housing and social developments.
- Māori share of workforce growing.
Is your business ready:
- To engage with the growing Māori economy?
- To welcome the growing Māori workforce?
- To contribute to a diverse Hutt Valley community?
WHEN : Wednesday, 1 June, 12pm – 2pm
WHERE: Hutt Valley Chamber Of Commerce, 15 Daley Street, Lower Hutt
COST: MEMBERS - FREE
NON MEMBERS $25.00