COVID-19 Support & Recovery
The Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce provides a range of support services for the business community to navigate successfully thought the changing COVID-19 environment, ensuring that the community has access to all the appropriate support programmes from government and others.
Through 2020 we worked in collaboration with Hutt City Council and Upper Hutt City Council to form the Hutt Valley COVID-19 Business Response Group. We engaged with an even wider range of businesses across all sectors, supporting them through the COVID-19 landscape by:
- providing expertise through livestream broadcasts, online blogs and social media, sharing information on the business support programme from Government and how to apply/what was available and clearing up confusion on the changing government policy
- connecting businesses to support services and funding
- advocating on behalf of business to keep industries such as pet grooming open during Alert Level 4
- helping essential service businesses stay open through the lockdown
- connecting businesses to each other
- helping to showcase local services and businesses and assisting businesses to get online, e.g. Shop Naenae
We will continue to work closely with local and central government to provide the business community with as much helpful and useful information as we can.
Hear first about the latest business and COVID-19 updates by:
- Following the Hutt Valley COVID-19 Business Support Group on Facebook
- Following the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce on Facebook
- Receiving our Hutt Valley Business Weekly
Covid Protection Framework “Traffic Light System” Questions Answered By Labour MP Ginny Andersen
Impact Of Covid-19 On Worldwide Covid Protection Framework "Traffic Light System" Questions Answered Labour MP […]