RiverLink is a transformative project for Lower Hutt, with a total budget of approximately $700m. Its aim is to revitalise Te Awa Kairangi | Hutt River for a more resilient, more connected and more vibrant Hutt City.
“The Hutt Valley Chamber is very pleased to partner with RiverLink to keep the business community informed and involved with this momentous project. In the longer term, RiverLink will have a huge positive impact on the Lower Hutt CBD, encouraging growth and investment in the area. The reality with such a large project is that disruptions and changes will impact businesses within the CBD and beyond. Let’s work together to maximise the advantages and minimise the impact of disruptions. Stay fully informed and engaged by signing up for updates.”
Sign up for RiverLink UpdatesLeave your details here and we'll keep you up to date with what's happening next with RiverLink
Watch the video
The main themes of the project are:
- A healthy river
- Nature and play at the river
- Getting to the river
- Getting around the river
- Being a river city.
Riverlink is a very exciting $700m investment over six years, which will transform the Lower Hutt CBD but also deliver benefits across the entire Hutt Valley business community.
The redevelopment spans from Kennedy Good Bridge through to Ewen Bridge and includes:
- New stopbanks for the Hutt River at Lower Hutt for flood protection
- Replacing Melling Bridge
- Moving Melling train station south
- New footpath and cycle bridge from Melling Station into Margaret Street
- Redevelopment of the Lower Hutt CBD with promenades etc. facing the river
- And major redevelopment of Melling/SH2 intersection.