INTERVIEWING SKILLS FOR HIRING MANAGERS
No events to show
- Are you hiring the person who will be a great fit for your team and the company?
- Do you know how to hire the person with the right “work attitude”?
- Do you really understand how to use probing questions to gather more information?
- If you need to hire a new team member, do you have the tools to do so? This workshop will give you the means to conduct great interviews that will leave candidates talking positively about your company whether they get the job or not.
This half day workshop will cover:
- Behavioural-based interview techniques which will help you make better hiring decisions
- Using techniques for interviewing that uncover a candidate's work attitude and skills
- A step-by-step interview plan to ensure success
- What skills you need to be an interviewer
- The interviewing panel – and why you might use one
- Your responsibilities before the interview
- Your responsibilities during the interview process
- Using the S.T.A.R. approach in competency based interviews, using probing questions
- Building rapport with the candidate
- Active listening
- After the interview: Making the right decision Investment:
- Half day: 26 September 2018, 9am to 12 noon, Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce, Layer3 Training Room, Level 3, 15 Daly Street, Lower Hutt.
- HVCC members (quote your membership number): $185.00 (inc GST).
- Non HVCC members: $200.00 (inc GST).
- All participants receive a workbook and templates to take away.
- Send enrolment details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The small print: Course fee is payable in advance to secure booking. Substitute participants will be accepted. For no-shows or half day attendance, no refund will be provided.
Presenter: Carol Speirs, M.ED., PMP, ABINZ
Where: Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce, Layer3 Training Room, Level 3, 15 Daly Street, Lower Hutt
When: Wednesday 26 September, 2018, 9am -12.00 noon
Fee: Members $185 incl GST (membership number must be quoted) Non-members $200 incl GST
RSVP: For enrolments contact email@example.com
Who Should Attend
Managers/supervisors who are responsible for hiring new employees, either internally or externally. No prior knowledge is required.